The S’more, it’s an american classic and traditional summertime dessert. Personally, I love the flavors of a S’more, but I’m really not a fan of the actual thing. So for this 4th of July I decided to turn the well loved treat into Cookies! Much more my style!
These S’mores Cookies are so good! I’m one of those people who likes their cookies just a tad under cooked and gooey in the middle. I’m a huge fan of the marshmallow fluff ripple through these, but then again… I’d probably eat a steak with fluff on it, the stuff is just so good! I made these cookies for our annual girls day at the lake and I must say they were the perfect addition to the sun tan lotion and fireworks.
I think these cookies would be even more awesome with a toasted marshmallow squished in between two of them, dontcha think? Can you tell I love marshmallows? We didn’t get to try them that way, but it’s definitely on the to do list the next time these puppies get made! These are quite like my traditional pudding cookies because the graham crackers are a little more dense and they don’t puff up as much. However, these things are still quite addictive and I was told that they were ignorant, and by ignorant, he meant awesome, true story.
So if you’re in the mood for S’mores, but want something way better, whip up a batch of these! You can thank me later! I hope you all had a wonderful 4th and you got to enjoy it with those you love. We flew down to sunny Florida today to stay with my husband’s grandparents. This is my first vacation since September 2012, so I’m hoping I enjoy it as much as I did these cookies!
Want more S’mores recipes? Follow my S’more Lovin‘ board on Pinterest!
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- 1 - 3.5 oz. Instant Vanilla Pudding Package (dry)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Additional Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cups All Purpose Flour
- 9 Full Sized Graham Crackers
- 1½ cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- Cream butter and sugars in a stand mixer or large bowl with a hand held mixer. Mix until light and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg, additional egg yolk, pudding mix, and vanilla extract to mix and beat until well blended.
- Add graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Add graham crackers, flour, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and mix together.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time and beat until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and fluff.
- Wrap up and chill for at least two hours.
- Bake at 350 F for 11-13 minutes until edges are golden brown.
Happy Trails and Happy Independence Day Weekend!