Did you know you could make good old fashioned butter in your blender? This Blender Butter is so easy, creamy, and delicious!
I remember learning hot to make butter as a kid, I think it’s one of those things every kids who grows up in the country does as least once. Same thing goes for churning ice cream and learning how to fish. I also recall that making butter from scratch is a true labor of love, in that it usually took five kids taking turns to get the job done.
It was fun and the butter always turned out excellent. You know, soft, creamy and perfect for spreading. But as much as I like to savor the moment and take the time to enjoy what I’m doing; at this point in my life, I don’t have a spare hour to churn butter. So I’ve found a better, faster, and easier way to make butter right at home.
In your BLENDER!
Making butter in your blender may not be nostalgic, but it gets the job done and the butter is still amazing!
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- Salt to taste
- Pour heavy cream into your blender and blend on high. You'll want to shut it off periodically to scrap down the sides and mix it up a little.
- Continue blending until finally the heavy cream begins to separate, about 4-5 minutes.
- You'll see the beginnings of butter and buttermilk, make sure to stir up and continue blending for another 30 seconds or so.
- Remove the lid and pour the buttermilk out into a separate container if you're going to keep it, or down the sink if you just want to discard it.
- Add salt to taste.
- Blend butter and drain twice more.
- Once you've drained as much of the milk as you can, scoop the butter out onto a folded 12 x 12 square of cheese cloth.
- Bring the edges of the cheese cloth together over the butter and squeeze the butter out with your hands.
- Now run the butter under cold water and continue to squeeze. This will allow the butter to last longer.
- Remove from cheese cloth and store in an air tight container for up to three weeks. Do the same thing for the buttermilk if you're saving that too.