Monster Cookie Ice Cream Cupcakes

My baby brother is turning 15 tomorrow. That makes me feel old… I can’t even imagine how my parent’s must feel… poor guys. Anyways, my brother wanted cupcakes for his birthday this year, so of course it was the perfect opportunity for me to make a recipe I’ve been thinking up for a while now.

My Monster Cookies post has been my most popular to date, I don’t know if it’s because a lot of people have never heard of them or what, but they’re a hit from Maine to Russia. So why not take monster cookies one step further… Monster Cookie Ice Cream Cupcakes. Yup, that’s one sweet mouth full, I guess I should have tried to work some brownies and doughnuts in there too, huh? This particular cupcake technique has been popping up all over Pinterest, and I figured it was time to put my twist on it.

As I had mentioned in my Monster Cookies post, Matt’s favorite ice cream is Blue Bunny Monster Cookie (Target’s Archer Farms also makes a Monster Cookie Ice Cream). This ice cream is peanut butter flavored with ripples of chocolate fudge, m&m’s and itty bitty oatmeal monster cookies. It’s pretty awesome! I think the only thing that could make it any better is this recipe, because it’s pretty awesome too!

Ingredients:
  • 1 – Monster Cookie Ice Cream Container
  • 1 – Devil’s Food Cake Box Mix (You will also need whatever ingredients are needed on the box)
  • 2 – Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Chocolate Frosting
  • Mini Reese’s Pieces

Supplies:
  • Cupcake pan (2 makes it a bit easier time-wise)
  • Cupcake liners
  • Frosting spatula or spoon
  • Frosting press or bag
  • Measuring cups and spoons

Directions:
  • Mix cupcake batter according to directions on box and spoon 1 tbsp. into each cupcake liner.
  • Remove ice cream from freezer to allow it to soften so it will be easier to work with.
  • Bake for about 10 minutes on whatever temperature package recommends, make sure to use a toothpick or fork to verify they are cooked through.
  • Remove from pan and place on cooling rack, let them cool for at least 10 minutes.
  • Make your next batch.
  • Once pan has cooled down a bit, but first batch of cupcakes back in the pan, this makes it easier to add the ice cream and helps them keep their shape.
  • Using a frosting spatula or spoon scoop ice cream on top of cupcakes, making sure to press down so there aren’t any air pockets.
  • Once you are done, cover pan and place cupcakes in freezer for at least 1 hour before eating.
  • After the cupcakes have been in the freezer for at least an hour, add frosting to frosting press/bag and frost them. I like to whip my frosting up in my stand mixer before adding it to the press, it makes it smooth and fluffy, but you don’t have to.

So as you can see, there is a nice layer of cake, a layer ice cream filled with cookie pieces, and then topped with frosting. It’s pretty much diabetes waiting to happen, but sometimes you got to live a little! They may not be made from scratch, but they sure were made with love!

Grab a glass of milk, and maybe a spoon if you have sensitive teeth, and Enjoy!
Linked up at:

Comments

1. Author Image says

Wow, Rebecca! Those look amazing! You did such a good job. And you took some great pictures of the cupcakes too…seriously!
    And thanks again for checking out my blog. :)

~Stephanie

• Author Image says

Thanks Stephanie, my photos are definitely improving. It’s so much easier when I do a project on the weekends and have the natural light. During the week I get home late and it can be challenging to get a great photo. Thanks for stopping by!

2. Author Image says

Oh my, this looks sooooooooo good. I love them. I would love for you to link this up to my 170th Inspire Me Tuesday party that is ongoing. – -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/06/170th-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hugs, Marty

• Author Image says

I’ve gotten much better, just takes some practice… you’ll get there! Thanks for stopping by and following along, I hope you’ll link up at my link party that starts at 8pm tonight!

3. Author Image says

I need both the Monster Cookie Ice Cream and these cupcakes – now! They look great, pinning right now. I love your comment about them being made with love – I always say that everything tastes better when made with love. :) Thank you for sharing at Tasty Tuesdays, can’t wait to see what you link up next week!

• Author Image says

Haha… I know it’s the thought that counts and they were made from love, that’s always my excuse when I don’t have the time or energy to make from scratch! Can’t wait for next week! I hope you’ll link up at my party that goes live at 8pm tonight!

4. Author Image says

Here from a Peek into my Paradise – Oh wow, these look amazing. Your photography is wonderful and seriously, can you ever go wrong with ice cream?! I think not. And I’m a monster cookie addict. These would be perfect for my birthday. Thanks for sharing!

5. Author Image says

These cupcakes look AMAZING, Rebecca! :) Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by the party and check out some of the other links!

6. Author Image says

Hi Rebecca. These look so delicious. Thank you so much for linking up to Thriving on Thursdays last week. Just wanted to let you know your recipe is featured at tomorrow’s party. Hope to see you again!

Anne @ Domesblissity xx